Whitelist Proposal draft for StreamSwap

Summary

By voting yes on this proposal, you agree that the StreamSwap DAO should be granted the permission to upload CosmWasm contracts to the Osmosis Chain, relating to the functionality and progress of the StreamSwap protocol.

Address to whitelist : osmo1up2ynytqazer5vcc5utvexp0n0lzg8sxwzf0ul

What is StreamSwap?

StreamSwap is a protocol for time-based token swaps. It introduces a new paradigm within the Cosmos ecosystem and DeFi in general, allowing token swaps over a fixed period of time rather than instant token swaps that occur within an Automated Market Maker (AMM) pool. The key participants in the StreamSwap protocol are Stream Creators, who create a stream by locking a fixed number of tokens, and Subscribers, who participate in the stream by depositing tokens.

Why the whitelist access?

Stream Swap has been live since April 18, 2023. Many projects have used Stream Swap for fair distribution since our launch. Projects that utilized StreamSwap are:

• OmniFlix (FLIX): Decentralized media network enhancing content distribution & monetization.
  • Gitopia (LORE): Social coordination for code management, similar to GitHub.
  • Nolus Protocol (NLS): A decentralized financial ecosystem for simplified crypto lending and borrowing.
  • Passage (PASG): Powers the Passage platform for creating virtual worlds and immersive experiences.
  • Quasar (QSR): DeFi protocol enhancing liquidity management.
  • Picasso (PICA): A Polkadot Parachain focused on [Description].
  • StarDust (STRDST): Stargaze token factory token.
  • SHARK Protocol: Protocol for a prediction market, a Migaloo token factory token.
  • LAB by Mad Scientists: An Osmosis token factory token.
  • Tinker Network (TNKR): A Polkadot Parachain.
  • HAVA Coin: An Injective token factory token.
  • RSTK: Token for the Re-stake Protocol.
  • WEIRD: A community token.
  • C4E: App-chain in the energy sector.

In the first year, we’ve received significant feedback from communities and projects using our contract. We now aim to improve StreamSwap, and with the whitelisting of the multisig, this process will become easier.

Project Roadmap

Here’s a look at our planned updates for 2024. We’ve categorized these updates into two main areas.

User Experience Enhancements

1. Permission-less stream creation from the UI, enabling curation (will maybe start off with off-chain curation and then once the model is in place, will be moving to an on-chain version)
  2. Granting stream creators limited administrative rights to for their streams.
    1. Cancellations of streams is not possible right now.
    2. To start off, during the bootstrapping phase stream creator will have option to cancel their stream.
    3. This will result in a small deduction/fee for the stream creator whereas subscribers will not have any fee while they redeem
  3. Reworking the factory structure
    1. Every stream will be a StreamSwap contract instance created by the factory contract.

New Features

1. Introduction of the threshold feature
    1. Stream creators will have the option to set a threshold value for finalizing the stream. Streams which threshold is set and not reached, stream will be cancelled.
  2. Establishment of a concentrated pool following the end of a stream.
  3. Option for stream creators to Stream vested tokens.

Address

osmo1up2ynytqazer5vcc5utvexp0n0lzg8sxwzf0ul

Target on-chain submission date : 18th July, 2024

Links

App URL — https://app.streamswap.io/
Twitter — x.com
Telegram — Telegram: Contact @StreamSwap_io

1 Like

I only participated in the LAB StreamSwap but it was a very fun experiment, no issue everything worked as expected. Only good feedback from my part so even though I’m not a fan of whitelist contracts I would support this one :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think StreamSwap can be a very good addition to launching new assets and while it already has performed ok, I am looking forwards to improvements being made. Maybe even time-gated hikes in the exchange-rate or the like.

I think with pump.fun and StreamSwap we have some interesting mechanics to deploy new assets on Osmosis.

2 Likes

We are glad to have your support :raised_hands:

Yep! We are very excited for the upcoming updates too!

We initially did not prefer whitelisting an address and have waited for long before submitting this forum post for discussion. Now, we believe the time is right to push forward faster as it will benefit the Osmosis community in the long term.

Thank you for your support Cryptoman!

2 Likes

Hi @svabhishek! It is a no-brainer that the list of projects that use StreamSwap is a testament to the usefulness of your tech, and I am generally supportive of this initiative.

Would love to hear your thoughts on these questions:

• What specific administrative rights will stream creators have, and how will these rights be managed?

• How will the introduction of concentrated pools and vested token streaming affect the current users and projects using StreamSwap? If the threshold for stream finalization is set too high, could this result in some streams being canceled?