Signaling proposal: to match external XPLA incentives to XPLA/OSMO pool (#1173 on Osmosis AMM)

XPLA has allocated 1,250,000 XPLA as incentives over 90 epochs for the successful onboarding of the XPLA/OSMO pool.

We propose to strengthen the liquidity through ‘External Incentive Matching program,’ which matches External Incentives with OSMO rewards, to attrct users to our pool’s LP.

XPLA has been listed on major CEXs. Furthermore, XPLA aims to offer liquidity to Osmosis, creating an environment with enhanced accessibility that enables users from the IBC ecosystem to engage with XPLA’s ecosystem as if it were their own. Through this connection to the IBC ecosystem, XPLA can extend its reach to various other ecosystems. This presents an opportunity for XPLA to reach a broader audience and attract new users/consumers to its games and entertainment content.

About XPLA

XPLA is a Tendermint-based Layer 1 blockchain that serves as a hub for digital media content. Based on the concept of ‘Explore and Play,’ XPLA encompasses a wide range of digital content, including Web3 games, a blockchain gaming platform, an NFT marketplace, and a metaverse. Utilizing a proof-of-stake (PoS) consensus, Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) compatibility, XPLA Chain SDK (a software kit for game developers), and XPLA Vault, users can enjoy extensive experiences in De-Fi, Play to Own (P2O) gaming, ultimately leading to the adoption of Web 2 users into the Web 3 space.

With ‘Play to Own’ values at its core, XPLA fosters an environment where content creators’ ownership and efforts are respected, creating a sustainable blockchain gaming ecosystem. XPLA is not simply progressing but is also propelling itself forward as a pivotal, content-driven blockchain, offering an impressive spectrum of services.

• By voting “Yes”, you agree to add XPLA/OSMO pool to the Osmosis external incentive matching program.

• By voting “No”, you disagree to add XPLA/OSMO pool to the Osmosis external incentive matching program.

Absolutely Yes, XPLA teams are still hard at work. XPLA is a strong chain that has successfully released a real product.

Can you elaborate more on which CEX XLPA is already listed?

It has been listed on HTX(Huobi), Gate.io, Bithumb, etc

No, we are actively removing incentives for smaller tokens to avoid OSMO dilution.

Now that this proposal has had sufficient time on the forum I recommend community outreach & discussion around a new proposal submission and the benefits of external incentive matching for Osmosis for bootstrapping liquidity for the token.

Personally I believe it is in the interest of Osmosis to collaboratively build liquidity for new tokens with external teams through incentive matching. Especially with the removal of incentives.

That said I think many community members do not believe in the same philosophy or approach to incentives, so likely this proposal would still be contentious. But I think its beneficial (for a period of 30 days for example - then a new proposal can be submitted to extend external incentive matching if the incentives have been efficient in attracting liquidity)

What do other community members think?

I would still wonder why we won’t do it for XPLA and we do for others.

Thinking in earlier judgements we had with MAJOR coins, it is traded on centralized exchanges and we want to steal volume from there :slight_smile: