Sail with the Whale

Hey Sebastian,

Thank you for this post. I agree that the bulk of the Osmosis community would like to see this integration happen, and would be happy to do my part to help give input on any proposed changes!

This proposal was contentious, and I’m glad to see it hasn’t deterred you from trying to make this work. I’m confident the two communities will be able to find a middle ground here.

3 Likes

Thanks @Sebastian.
This is a very nice mindset to read, reflective, self-critical, open-minded and constructive. Thanks for that.

As I offered the person who I had in DM on Telegram as well; if the proposal would be rejected (which it is by now) I will gladly work together and cooperate to get the wrinkles out of the proposal and bring it back up. I do think there is a mutual benefit for both communities, not in the last place to foster competition and innovation against the huge spend we did for stOSMO. Counterbalancing it (whilst securing the security of the funds of course) is a great good and I am all ears for that. I don’t like being solo-dependent on one protocol, so if we can diversify that would be great.

Are the various forms of liquid staked tokens (boneOSMO and ampOSMO) separate protocols? Meaning that it could be that both proposal are brought separately on chain? Or is it more like a one-package-deal?

1 Like

boneOSMO and ampOSMO are 2 seperate LST products developed by completely seperate teams, they each have a unique model and their own strengths. bOSMO is actually tied to an NFT collection onchain and a portion of the yield goes to nft stakers, ampOSMO has mechanisms to amplify the yield such as slow burn arb so offers a variety of derivatives usually with very competitive yields. We have found both of these products to compliment each other on our chain even though they are effectively competitors. I also believe that it is healthy to have more than one LST on your chain, for OSMO, if nothing else just to mitigate exploit risk.

That being said, I do believe it is best to keep the prop as one. The value proposition that we are offering is not just the 2 LST products but a suite of other dapps that these LST’s are already integrated into. So in that sense it is kind of a package deal tbh. In any case, I am working on a revised structure to this deal, incorporating the feedback in here. I’ll meet with Sunny next week to go over it and hopefully present some details back here soon. So stay tuned.

2 Likes

Sounds good, looking forward to it!