Request for Osmosis Sponsorship and Representation at Crypto Summit del Caribe II in the Dominican Republic

Hello Osmosis community,

I’m reaching out to request support for an initiative that I believe could greatly benefit both Osmosis and the growing crypto ecosystem, not only in the Dominican Republic but throughout Latin America as a whole. The Dominican Republic is positioned as a central hub for the region, making this event a pivotal moment for expanding Osmosis’ presence in the Latam market.

I’m Wolfhodl, a Genesis holder in Osmosis since 2021 and an ATOM holder since the first day of listing on Coinbase. I’m the founder of Criptomonedas.do, and we are proud to be Media Partners for the upcoming Crypto Summit del Caribe II, happening on October 3rd. Please visit: https://cryptosummitdelcaribe.com/

You can find more details about the event and Osmosis’ sponsorship options here: Crypto Summit del Caribe II Sponsorship (Password: QPEd3Kxpe7). We have participated in previous key events, such as Cosmoverse 2022, where we proudly represented the Dominican Republic and other Latam Countries within the Cosmos ecosystem. You can see our interview with Sunny Aggarwal at Cosmoverse here: Cosmoverse Interview with Sunny.

Sponsorship Options

We propose two potential options for Osmosis’ participation in the Crypto Summit del Caribe II:

Option 1: Osmosis Team Representation

• Sponsorship Tiers:

• $5,000 (Premium) or $2,500 (Basic) tier sponsorship offered by event organizers (details can be found in the PDF linked above). We recommend premium for more exposure.
  • Osmosis can select a representative to attend, and we will ensure that they are connected with the organizers. This option allows Osmosis to have a direct presence at the event and leverage either sponsorship package.

Option 2: Criptomonedas.do Representation

• As media partners, Criptomonedas.do can represent Osmosis at the event. I am personally offering to attend as a representative, and we can also include an additional budget to maximize impact. Here’s a breakdown of the proposed budget:
    • $5,000 for the event sponsorship (Premium tier).
    • $5,000 for additional activities to promote Osmosis:
      • $1,000 for an event recap video, focused on highlighting Osmosis and the Dominican Republic. This includes drone footage, editing, and production.
      • $1,000 for a local Osmosis event in the Dominican Republic, represented by our Cosmos.do DAO. More details can be found here: Cosmos.do DAO.
      • $3,000 for CMDT Group (the team behind Criptomonedas.do) to cover travel expenses and reinvest part of this into our ecosystem. This will provide benefits to the Osmosis community by promoting the launch of our new website across our network (preview here: New Website Password: 8yooeGma7F).

This total investment of $10,000 will ensure that Osmosis has a strong presence at the event and continues to grow its community in the Dominican Republic and beyond.

Who Are We?

Criptomonedas.do is a community with over 500 members across Discord and Telegram. We are a hub focused on connecting multiple communities and creating a network effect via Latam.Zone (currently under development). Latam.Zone will showcase various communities in Latam aligned with our vision, with at least 10-15 communities already launched within our ecosystem.

We have a community podcast that we’ve been running since 2021, and we are planning to restart it soon with a new host. We are willing to promote Osmosis on our podcast and upcoming news site at no cost. Additionally, we are eager to explore future collaborations for creating educational videos in Spanish, which will help onboard new users to the Osmosis ecosystem.

We have also organized multiple meet-ups, including ones sponsored by Cosmoverse in 2022 in Punta Cana and Santo Domingo, and we are currently collaborating with Passage for our upcoming metaverse world (see more here: Passage Metaverse Collaboration.

Why the Dominican Republic and Latam?

Latin America is a rapidly growing region in cryptocurrency adoption and digital financial technology. Here’s why this market is significant for Osmosis:

1. Population and Market Size:
  • Latin America has over 660 million people, making it one of the most populous regions globally Source. Major countries like Brazil and Mexico lead the market, but emerging markets like the Dominican Republic are also vital due to their increasing digital engagement.
  1. Crypto Adoption:
  • Around 27% of the Latin American population, or approximately 180 million people, have used or shown interest in cryptocurrencies Source. Countries like Argentina and Venezuela are known for high crypto adoption, with other nations like Chile and Colombia also showing rapid growth.
  1. Dominican Republic Specifics:
  • The Dominican Republic, with a population of about 11 million, is becoming a central point for digital finance and blockchain innovation Source. The country saw over 4 million tourists in the first quarter of 2024, with projections to surpass 11 million by the year’s end Source. This economic dynamism contributes to the region’s growing interest in cryptocurrencies.
  1. Tech Talent Pool:
  • The ITLA (Technological Institute of the Americas) in the Dominican Republic trains many tech professionals, with 93% of its graduates already working in the tech sector Source. This creates an opportunity for Osmosis to collaborate with local developers through our Blockchain RD foundation.

Summary of Key Benefits for the Osmosis Community:

1. Increased Awareness: Osmosis will gain exposure to a growing crypto market in Latin America, particularly the Dominican Republic, which is becoming a central hub.
  2. Community Growth: By participating in the summit, Osmosis can attract new users and builders from a region experiencing rapid cryptocurrency adoption growth.
  3. Developer Collaboration: The Dominican Republic has a strong tech talent pool, with opportunities to connect local developers to the Osmosis ecosystem via our Blockchain RD foundation.
  4. Network Expansion: The event will help strengthen Osmosis’ presence in Latin America, competing alongside projects like Solana and Polkadot, which are already confirmed participants like I mentioned previously above.

Looking forward to your support and feedback!

Thanks!
Wolfhodl
Founder of Criptomonedas.do
X: @wolfhodl
Check out our podcast: podcast.criptomonedas.do

2 Likes

Hey again. I like the vibe I get from you guys, I’ve spoken with one or two of you a while back about coming on your podcast or something like that, sorry we couldn’t make it there by the way.
I’ll ask internally and see if OSL can do anything with you guys on this though.

1 Like

Hey Max! Thanks for your help! I’m optimistic that we can make it happen. Osmosis definitely needs to be part of this event. Compared to other events, this one has a relatively small budget for the impact it can make, and any developer could attend without our involvement. We’re happy to facilitate the connections, but if option 1 doesn’t work out, I’m ready to step in and represent Osmosis myself. We’ll probably need some merch :blush: sent to my address in the USA. For other marketing materials, like a banner, we have someone from our community with a business who can handle that.

1 Like

Hey Max! Thanks for your help! I’m optimistic that we can make it happen. Osmosis definitely needs to be part of this event. Compared to other events, this one has a relatively small budget for the impact it can make, and any developer could attend without our involvement. We’re happy to facilitate the connections, but if option 1 doesn’t work out, I’m ready to step in and represent Osmosis myself. We’ll probably need some merch :blush: sent to my address in the USA. For other marketing materials, like a banner, we have someone from our community with a business who can handle that.

1 Like

This feels like something that @Osmosis_Grants may be able to evaluate rather than the community pool - would reach out to them too.

1 Like

This is the same reply I gave you on Telegram: We already asked them, and their response was, “I think for this event, we’ll likely pass on, mostly bc we want to save bandwidth for the upcoming launch thats around mid-October.”

First, that’s even more reason why we have to do it.

Criptomonedas.Do is only trying to put Osmosis on the map in this event. If you read option 1, it is only trying to see who can go there to represent Osmosis, meaning we don’t need any funds. Remember, we are not the organizers of this event. Option 2 is only if nobody from the team can’t go. Thats why we offered to represent the community after OSL asked us, “Do we have anyone in the DR that can rep osmosis?” The answer was yes, we could since we are a media partner for this event.

It would be a grant if it directly benefits us; when it is not, like I said, we are already a media partner.

I’m just a passionate community member who wants to see Osmosis there because other ecosystems are taking market share. This is an excellent opportunity to expand knowledge about Osmosis outside of our echo chamber or the traditional way the Osmosis team does things. We have contributed in many ways to attract new users and saw the opportunity as Osmonauts to shine there.

We represent a few longstanding teams from Latam and genuinely believe we shouldn’t miss out on this. We understand that not everyone can see the bigger picture, but considering the relatively low cost compared to the impact, it’s a no-brainer. The question is, do we want Osmosis to break out of its current circle or not? We certainly do, and we strongly encourage it. In many ways, the Dominican Republic is becoming the central hub for LatAm. Crypto plays a significant role, and we want to ensure that people are well-informed about Osmosis.

Finally… my reply about the excuse to those who say “is a low-impact event”:

Low impact is very relative; things start small and turn bigger. What seems unimportant to many is important to Latam communities like us since we are there and know what is happening there. Is like when you buy a coin very early, same with markets. Think bigger. Don’t forget Polkadot, Solana, Bitfinex (Tether), and Metamask are sending representatives and two local exchanges where we could get in talks for a listing after the presentation. We previously interviewed them, so we know these folks. This will help the locals have easy access to the $OSMO token. Let’s not miss out on early opportunities that could benefit us in the long run as crypto becomes even more mainstream.

1 Like

I don’t understand this reaction :sweat_smile:
Some explanation would be quite interesting, since marketing needs to be done at all times. Not only around launches. And marketing takes preparation time, so waiting purely to beginning of october is to late…

For me this feels like quite a small spend where the risk is not that big. I am kinda curious to the interaction you guys have on the groups though, to gauge a bit whether it is more like a group of sleepers or whether it is a group acting like an oilspill and creating more and more ripples in the ocean.

2 Likes

Thank you for your input!

We’re definitely working to build momentum among different builders across LatAm.

As I mentioned, our goal is to educate people about Osmosis and create new connections within the latam crypto community. This could be achieved through either option 1 (no funding for us) or option 2 (a small budget to implement the strategy I outlined earlier).

I’d also like to mention that while some members have suggested we explore other communities for funding, our true focus is on helping Osmosis gain traction in areas where we haven’t yet established a presence.

As I mentioned previously on the Osmosis Telegram Channel, whether this goes forward or not, we’ll still be there, continuing to build our relationships with other LatAm communities and do our own thing.

The question for the Osmosis community is simple:

Can someone participate in the event or let us use our influence in making an impact?

I’m hoping we can get more positive feedback from community members within the next week. If you could help spread the word, we will appreciate it.

1 Like

I support this proposal.

My understanding is that ogp has turned it down and the price is small.

Hope it goes on chain .

1 Like

Honestly think this would be a waste of funds if we are not sending someone spefically from Osmosis. Considering OGP turned it down I don’t think this should be brought on chain. We pay OGP quite a bit for them to vet projects.

Thank you for your feedback. We don’t view this as a waste of funds. There’s already a solid base of Osmosis users here, and we have strong connections with local exchanges, which could potentially make listing $OSMO locally much smoother.

OGP didn’t decline because they were against the idea, but simply because they’ve been busy and are exhausted from attending so many events. They’ve given us the go-ahead to represent Osmosis as part of the community.

This is not a significant amount of money, and we’re committed to providing proof of our efforts. Either a developer (Osmosis Genesis Holder) or I will speak at the event.

We are also including a local event meeting, and we have done two ATOM events sponsored by Cosmoverse and Media Partner back in 2022. You can see part of our community here: x.com and the energy we brought back then in Medellin x.com

Please give us this chance, we’re confident we can establish valuable connections for Osmosis.

We appreciate the support, Jacob. Thanks for the tweet. Sometimes it’s easy to forget there’s a whole world outside the echo chamber. This is our first time doing an on-chain proposal because we genuinely want to see Osmosis stand out alongside other popular chains mentioned above in this forum.

Lets see what happens. Thanks again.

Thank you for your feedback. We don’t view this as a waste of funds. There’s already a solid base of Osmosis users here, and we have strong connections with local exchanges, which could potentially make listing $OSMO locally much smoother.

OGP didn’t decline because they were against the idea, but simply because they’ve been busy and are exhausted from attending so many events. They’ve given us the go-ahead to represent Osmosis as part of the community.

This is not a significant amount of money, and we’re committed to providing proof of our efforts. Either a developer (Osmosis Genesis Holder) or I will speak at the event.

We are also including a local event meeting, and we have done two ATOM events sponsored by Cosmoverse and Media Partner back in 2022. You can see part of our community on our X account: @CriptomonedasDO

Please give us this chance, we’re confident we can establish valuable connections for Osmosis.

Hey! Just wanted to clear up a little confusion here.

I think you may have spoken with someone at the foundation, not OGP to get these responses:

their response was, “I think for this event, we’ll likely pass on, mostly bc we want to save bandwidth for the upcoming launch thats around mid-October.”

OGP doesn’t attend events ourselves, and we’re not too busy to approve grant proposals for events. We’ve approved a number of event grant proposals in H1 of 2024, but when we do approve these proposals we have a very strong preference for approving event funding for events where Osmosis representatives will be present. We’ve found that events are less-impactful / relatively un-focused otherwise.

Given nobody from Osmosis will be able to attend this one due to the Polaris launch, we feel that this wouldn’t be a good use of grants funding at this time.

That’s not to say that this couldn’t be a good use of community pool funding if governance wants to approve this! Osmosis governance has a bit more leeway to take swings on initiatives like this, especially if the cost is reasonable. OGP is accountable to the community and under a reduced mandate vs previous years, so our vetting process has tightened up accordingly.

Thanks, Robo, for the clarification. However, it seems that the process is not very clear since I received a few texts on Telegram, and that’s all. No video call, no real meeting, even though I mentioned it multiple times. Is that a “tightened process”?

How will we support community members like that? We need to expand ourselves as a community.

Again, to be fair, this initiative is not even about us. We’re already media partners for the event, and I saw an opportunity to bring Osmosis along. We figured we could ask the community since it is not a big ask, and we have proof as a community that we are not “new” here pushing Osmosis forward.

At the end of the day, why not? What are we missing by supporting Osmonauts in Latam? People need to remember that Cosmoverse started by asking for Community support.

Again I think there might be some confusion here. I offered to get the details from you and set up a meeting to discuss the sponsorship, but you told me you were already talking with the foundation and would “let me know if you need a bit of help.”

Rather than following up with us after hearing back from the foundation, you put this proposal on the forums instead. If you had spoken with me instead I’d have been happy to hop on a call and go over this all in greater detail with you.

I think maybe you thought that the Osmosis foundation and the Grants Program were the same entity?

1 Like

Your response came after I spoke with Aaron, so I didn’t reach out again as I felt I was on the right track. Initially, I asked around the community and was told to talk to David Goose, but he was on vacation and referred me to Aaron.

That said, we can still hop on a call anytime to find a solution, but at this point, the community could support us by voting yes on the governance proposal.

It’s straightforward: we want Osmosis to shine in a niche where we have experience. Who better to represent it than local community members who have been in Osmosis since the beginning?

The presentation will be in Spanish, making it even more valuable and engaging for the attendees.

Again, I’d really appreciate it if we could make this happen. Please don’t just brush us aside.

Check my latest tweet to learn more about our community in two post I added there: x.com

1 Like

It seems like a small cost to me given the opportunity to have representatives from the Osmose community at this meeting. I hope you can get support through this vote or through grants from the foundation.

1 Like

Thanks for your support! We hope validators can read this forum and visit the links I provided. They will rapidly learn that we are a special community in LatAm that has been supporting the chain since the beginning. We educate, not here for the hype.

Please support us by sharing this post I made earlier today: x.com

1 Like