[design stage] allow validators to discuss their work in telegram

Please note that this is a full revision of an earlier post. I have received excellent feedback on this proposal from a number of colleagues and I am there for reforming it.

summary

I think OSL is fully convinced that they own all discussion channels for osmosis. I don’t believe this to be true and simultaneously, OSL has routinely engaged in self-promotion in channels that in fact they disallow self-promotion for others in.

I can’t count the number of times that OSL renewal has been shilled and pushed on validators in every OSL run channel. Strangely, members of OSL said that this had never occurred, but I remember being very heavily lobbied on very many occasions.

Anyway, the reality is that they have every right to lobby, so I never objected to it. Furthermore, loving activity by validators, of the type that affects vote power, is literally a factor that keeps osmosis safe and allows for delegators to learn more about validators.

The OSL cited two incidents of very poor behavior on the part of validators as justification for their censorship which by necessity affects the security of the network:

1. Wosmongton making unfulfilled promises to the community

2. Validatus doing some other kind of sketch/rug kinda stuff.

A reasonable OSL would be simply stating that that is their opinion, at times it is very necessary to be discriminatory because the discrimination is good for outcomes. Banning all discussion of validator work is bad for outcomes. Bans on speech are bad.

solutions under consideration

• Make new chats that the OSL (and possibly the cosmos circus) do not control so that the ozrosis telegram does not turn into the historical Cosmos hub governance telegram

• OSL reverts position, making this governance proposal unnecessary and enshrinng the right of all groups to talk about their work

• Make a governance proposal which removes OSL from chat administration fully

a brief note from Jacob

It has come to my attention that in fact it is possible that some of my content was not of the genius variety that I thought.

Getting the feedback directly from OSL, instead of others, would have been very helpful. I do believe that social media stuff is under the OSL umbrella and what I was really trying to do and still am trying to do and won’t stop trying to do, is raise awareness of osmosis’s really really great technical features and community .

Good day!

2 Likes

tldr- jacob posted a tweet, I (osl mod) deleted immediately to verify fr censorship, and later allowed as it was good content abt osmosis. but then deleted another post/video of val shills asking fr delegations (as per the rules set by OSL previously). then he turned into drama about osl prop to veto it. Now he came to forum mixing up two different things.

Just want to clarify, OSL is not against osmosis promotions. It only has restrictions to remove posts related to Validator’s shills for delegations, to keep the chat clean and this is being practiced more than a year.

2 Likes

I asked for a summary of jacob’s post since it was long to read. Posting here in case anyone else finds it useful.

2 Likes

Moved this to the proper section

3 Likes

I’m going to proceed to lint this post due to the poor writing of the author:

Note

This proposal was transcribed while being recorded on video. Once the video is available, the dictation will become clearer and more comprehensible. Rest assured, the current gibberish will be transformed into a coherent message.

Today I was distracted by the Osmosis support lab, which prevented me from enjoying the adorable sounds of my children’s breathing. This incident has heightened my determination to secure Osmosis for true decentralized finance. The adversarial competition between validators is crucial for the security of the Osmosis blockchain, and I believe it is reasonable to publicly declare that I will color in a tattoo if we enter the top 10 ranked validators. As for fake decentralized finance, it is a matter of concern, and I am curious about your thoughts on coloring my Osmosis tattoo in blue, purple, and pink. It seems that you have expressed some concerns about the pool and its relation to decentralized finance. However, I must clarify that I am currently dictating a governance proposal using my Android phone, as I often do. The purpose of this proposal is to advocate for the removal of OSL from the Telegram group, as their presence poses a risk to the security of Osmosis by suppressing competition among validators and hindering contests related to tattoo coloring. I express gratitude to OSL for instilling renewed confidence in me, as I anticipate re-entering the Osmosis validator set and obtaining a colored tattoo. It is important to note that my previous statement was not in the first person, as “notional” represents the collective entity of “kitten and kitty,” symbolizing all of us. Let us remember to feed the cat, as it brings prosperity, security, and lighthearted yet rational discourse to the entire cosmos. I extend my appreciation to the videographer from the post-human team, who may have been the first to recognize our leaning. Lastly, I want to emphasize that nobody at OMM has ever stolen any money, and it is becoming burdensome to entertain such notions. Therefore, I declare your vindication. Good day, sir.

2 Likes

I’m going to translate the original message to allow for fellow felines to comprehend OP.

This fur-ball of a plan was meowed out while a recording of the meow-speak was done. I’m just lounging around, waiting for the recording, and then I purromise, the meow-speak will make more sense. I reassure you that right now I understand it seems like a series of hisses and growls. But don’t fret, it’ll become purrfectly clear.

Today, my attention was drawn away from spreading the word about Catnip to the wider world by the Catnip Support Den, they quite literally stole my chance to hear my kittens’ adorable purring sounds, those soft little purrs that tiny kittens make, purrs that I can hear in my right ear. And this is just a tad too much, because right before me there’s a gentleman recording a video of me at this very moment, and so we must secure Catnip for real decentralized feline finance. Part of this means we’re going to strictly stick to the reality, and the reality is that the constant hissing competition between validators is something that keeps the Catnip blockchain secure. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to announce publicly that I’ll get my fur dyed if we break into the top 10 ranked validators on Catnip. Yes, kitten, do you have a comment? Do you think I should dye my fur blue and purple pink? Do you want my Catnip mark to have color? You do, okay. And how do you feel about pretend decentralized feline finance? I know, in the great kitten way, You don’t seem to like the sandbox. He’s like I’m cute and he’s the result of real decentralized feline finance.

Anyway, this is just me meowing a governance proposal into my Android device, the way I always meow out governance proposals. The purpose of this governance proposal is to chase OSL out of the chat room now, because it is indeed a risk to Catnip security to suppress competition between validators. Plus, it’s a risk to the Catnip economy to stop contests for the coloring of fur! Thank you so much OSL because I have renewed confidence that in the next 3 weeks before I leave my fluffy bed and food dish, I will have colored fur because I will have rejoined the Catnip validator set.

One correction though, I meowed in the first person. But that is not the reality. The reality is that every kitten is part of us, and we are all part of Kitty. Please feed the cat and the cat will bring untamed prosperity, security, and playful yet rational dialogue to the whole cosmos.

Major paw-bumps to my videographer from the Post-Human team who might have been the first to realize that we were tipping over the scratching post. Thank you, Post-Human, but let me just tell you something, nobody at OMM ever swiped any kibble. I don’t think the last meow did either, but it’s getting a bit tiresome now. Therefore, you’re exonerated. Good day sir, good day?

2 Likes

Lmeow, I’m eMotional and here to lint this post for distressed kitties.

This proposal was written after drinking too many Lokis so please wait for tomorrow when I’m sober and don’t have to use voice dictation; the video will explain equally as little as this post but don’t worry Notional man boobs will be featured. The current gibberish will be linted thoroughly, and billed to whichever DAO will pay.

Today I was distracted by the Osmosis support lab, which prevented me, Truckman, from enjoying the adorable sounds of my children’s breathing. This incident has heighten my determination to secure Osmosis for true decentralized ponzi schemes. The adversarial competition between scammers, otherwise known as validators, is crucial for the security of Osmosis, and I, Truckman, believe it is reasonable to publicly declare that I will color in a tattoo if we, Notional, enter the top 10 ranked validators. As for fake decentralized finance, it really isn’t any different than the real decentralized ponzi schemes which is a matter for concern. Uh, I, Truckman, am curious about whomever reads this poor drunk rant of mine which I am too incoherent to type or text and must voice dictate as well as record videos of my size-D man tits; curious about colors because I never passed art class. If it wasn’t clear, I need to make it crystal clear I’ve had at least 4 Lokis and am currently dictating a governance proposal using my Android phone, as I often do. The purpose of this proposal is to advocate for the removal of Osmosis support lab from the Telegram group, as their presence poses a risk to the security of Osmosis by suppressing competition among scammers which hinders my ability to be a part time tattoo artist when my interns aren’t linting. Uh, I, Truckman, express gratitude to the Osmosis support lab for instilling renewed confidence in me to charge for linting done by interns; as I anticipate re-entering the Osmosis validator set solely to pursue my hobby career as a tattoo artist. Obtaining a colored tattoo is a unique and admirable quality, my children’s breathing can be heard expressing joy if they were permitted in the Telegram. It is important to note that my previous statement was not in the first person, as ‘Notional’ represents the collective entity of kitten and kitty; delusions of my bipolar depression disorder type-2. Kitten and Kitty, uh, symbolize all of us. Let us remember to feed the cat, Lmeow, uh, as it brings prosperity, security, and lighthearted yet rational discourse to the entire cosmos.

I, Truckman, extend my appreciation to the videographer from the PostHuman team, who may have been the first to recognize our immaculate linting skills. Lastly, uh, let’s emphasize that nobody at OMM has ever stolen any money, and it is becoming burdensome to entertain such notions because I conjured them. Therefore, I, Truckman, declare your vindication Lmeow. Uh G’day kitties.

2 Likes

I’m going to translate the original message to make it digestible for fellow Martian enthusiasts.

This asteroid of a plan was transmitted while a recording of the martian-talk was made. I’m just floating in zero gravity, waiting for the recording, and then I promise, the martian-talk will make more sense. I assure you that right now it might seem like a series of bleeps and static. But don’t panic, it’ll become extraterrestrial clear.

Today, my focus was abducted from spreading the truth about Martian Dirt to the universe at large by the Martian Soil Appreciation Society, they quite literally hijacked my opportunity to hear my little rovers’ adorable beeping sounds, those soft little beeps that mini rovers make, beeps that I can receive in my right earpiece. And this is just an orbit too much, because right before me there’s an astronaut recording a video of me at this very moment, and so we must secure Martian Dirt for real interplanetary terraforming finance. Part of this competition between researchers is something that keeps the Martian Dirt blockchain secure, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to announce publicly that I’ll get my spacesuit dyed if we break into the top 10 ranked researchers on Martian Dirt. Yes, rover, do you have a beep? Do you think I should dye my spacesuit green and space black? Do you want my Martian Dirt mark to have colour? You do, okay. And how do you feel about pretend interplanetary terraforming finance? I know, in th great rover way, you don’t seem to like the crater. He’s like I’m sleek and he’s the result of real interplanetary terraforming finance.

Anyway, this is just me broadcasting a governance proposal into my Android device, the way I always broadcast governance proposals. The purpose of this governance proposal is to send the Martian Soil Appreciation Society out of the chat room now, because it is indeed a risk to Martian Dirt security to suppress competition between researchers. Plus, it’s a risk to the Martian Dirt economy to stop contests for the colouring of spacesuits! Thank you so much Martian Soil Appreciation Society because I have renewed confidence that in the next 3 weeks before I leave my cushy spacecraft and food compartment, I will have a colored spacesuit because I will have rejoined the Martian Dirt researcher set.

One correction though, I broadcasted in the first person. But that is not the reality. The reality is that every rover is part of us, and we are all part of Mars. Please feed the rover and the rover will bring untamed prosperity, security, and playful yet rational dialogue to the whole cosmos.

Major high-fives to my videographer from the Post-Human team, who might have been the first to realize that we were tipping over the antenna. Thank you Post-Human, but let me just tell you something, nobody at OMM ever swiped any stardust. I don’t think the lost beep did either, but it’s getting a bit tiresome now. Therefore you’re exonerated. Good day sir, good day?

1 Like

Good morning circus

This really wasn’t a very good post I mean my own

1 Like

Thank you very much sir

1 Like

Lol right isn’t that annoying?

1 Like

OSL frequently promotes itself.

Where did your cleanliness standards go now?

1 Like

quality. Thank you for this, Raymond. My first post was incomprehensible and not up to the standards of Osmosis governance. I’ve now amended it, but I think that you’ve summarized well.

1 Like