This proposal grants the address osmo1k396geqx70uyyqf6kcvsz27n2c80fduagnhswxj3smny582pyyusf5qf6j the ability to create Supercharged liquidity pools that are not restricted by quote asset.
Supercharged pools may be created permissionlessly by any user as long as certain whitelisted parameters are followed.
One of these is the Quote asset, which restricts the number of pairings that can be created to prevent the exponential growth of routing calculations.
Some specific pairings require the use of non-Quote assets to be used for both sides, such as liquid staked tokens and their native asset.
Osmosis Version 20, added the ability for addresses to be whitelisted to avoid the Quote asset requirement for Supercharged pool creation.
This allows these pools to be created without a large number of potential pairings to the permissionless creation method.
This DAO has the ability to create any pairings, but must restrict itself to pools where:
- The pairing of two assets, where one is a derivative of the other.
- I.e. FOO and stFOO
- The pairing of two assets, where the majority of trading volume requires a multihop
- I.e. FOO is predominantly traded for BAR because they are closely linked projects. However, this trading currently occurs via the FOO/OSMO and BAR/OSMO pools. A FOO/BAR may be formed to improve trading rates without allowing BAR to become a quote asset.
The SubDAO will have instant execution enabled, requiring two of three members to approve a vote to pass a transaction.
This SubDAO still pays OSMO to the community pool, and a future proposal may grant this SubDAO an allowance for pool creation as this spend would be returned to the community pool on pool creation.
SubDAO page here:
Initial Members are:
- Luisqa (Interbloc Validator)
- Jeremy Parish (Osmosis Labs)
- Zaki Manian (Iqlusion Validator)
Target On-chain Date: 31st October 2023