Hello,
I am requesting help coordinating an IBC client recovery on Osmosis.
Approximately 12,000 USDC.axl are currently stuck in my Osmosis wallet because the legacy IBC client associated with transfer/channel-510 has expired.
Affected Osmosis address:
osmo1uc29mjurdvnesllgtqqzcc43kjvtvvxdux8wr9
Affected denom:
ibc/C87E63E4798A43D182B8513F91360363315C602C25B98D1E497A3A6F7AA66473
Denom trace:
transfer/channel-510/transfer/channel-6/uusdc
Amount:
12,000 USDC
Affected channel:
transfer/channel-510
Connection:
connection-1843
Expired subject client:
07-tendermint-2335
I created a new compatible substitute client:
07-tendermint-3756
Creation transaction:
36EFF27B702C32B6960062EF026679FF519C70B92723095872C68B98C081EA85
The substitute client is ACTIVE.
I compared both client states and the relevant parameters match exactly:
- chain_id: phoenix-1
- trust_level: 1/3
- trusting_period: 1540800s
- unbonding_period: 1814400s
- max_clock_drift: 600s
- proof_specs: identical
- upgrade_path: identical
- allow_update_after_expiry: true
- allow_update_after_misbehaviour: true
The required recovery message is:
MsgRecoverClient
subject_client_id: 07-tendermint-2335
substitute_client_id: 07-tendermint-3756
I have also generated a valid MsgSubmitProposal locally.
The current governance parameters require a large OSMO deposit, which is not economically viable for an individual user recovering approximately 12,000 USDC.
Could the Osmosis team/community please help coordinate or sponsor the governance proposal required to execute MsgRecoverClient?
I have also opened Osmosis Support ticket #137398046 with the same technical information.
Thank you.
Additional investigation has identified an important issue with the legacy channel.
Current state:
Osmosis legacy side:
transfer/channel-510
connection-1843
client: 07-tendermint-2335 (Expired)
counterparty channel: Terra channel-1
However, the CURRENT Terra channel-1 is:
STATE_OPEN
counterparty: Osmosis channel-251
connection: connection-3
client: 07-tendermint-2 (Active)
Therefore the current Terra channel-1 is paired with Osmosis channel-251, not the legacy Osmosis channel-510.
I also verified the next hop:
Terra:
transfer/channel-6
connection-10
client 07-tendermint-7 (Active)
Axelar:
transfer/channel-11
connection-21
client 07-tendermint-39 (Active)
Both Terra ↔ Axelar sides are STATE_OPEN and active.
This means that recovering only Osmosis client 07-tendermint-2335 with substitute client 07-tendermint-3756 may not be sufficient, because the counterparty channel state no longer matches the legacy Osmosis channel-510.
Please advise whether this legacy denom requires:
- a coordinated Osmosis/Terra state recovery,
- a legacy IBC asset migration,
- or an Osmosis-side denom remediation/migration.
Affected denom:
ibc/C87E63E4798A43D182B8513F91360363315C602C25B98D1E497A3A6F7AA66473
Trace:
transfer/channel-510/transfer/channel-6/uusdc
My balance:
12,000 USDC.axl