Claw Back SAIL DAO Funding

What does this have to do with anything we’re discussing? Smh

While I do not support this proposal, I vehemently oppose personal attacks on members of either community.
I get some people feel hard done if they had invested in Sail but when we move to ad hominems all chance for healthy discourse is lost.

3 Likes

Thank you for this message.

Sorry, but I’m fed up. They smearing all of us as if we’d stolen from them, while trying themselves to do exactly this. They live from people coming over from tradfi to crypto to shape a better financial future for everyone. But now they side with the cabal, they see no ethical issues that the proposer here is from OSMO grants but is also working for Stride, the competition of Erisprotocol. They don’t care about the small retail stakers and I will not shut up about it. They also don’t respect the builders that came from Migaloo to build on Osmosis. Nor do they care about the people at Lion DAO who exchanged ROAR for SAIL and airdropped to SAIL stakers. I want their retail stakers to know with whom they are staking and I’m sorry, but I will not be polite about it.

Oh and just for the record, because it seems okay for you guys to paint all of SAIL DAO as lunatics on X, because of the actions of one guy:

1 Like

Just commenting to mention I edited the original post here to include ‘sail’ as a tag.

2 Likes

It is very nice to see that the SAIL community is now for the 2nd time making the right choice. I questioned a proposal which was put up on the DAO a while ago whether it was a good move or not… but only to find that my concerns were unnecessary because the SAIL community also downvoted the proposal by themselves.

That does not mean that I don’t believe reforms are needed. The way the DAO is led at this moment is not in the way I think is the best for the OSMO trusted to the DAO. I do believe reforms are needed and I do believe that it is better to do those reforms when the positions are back in the Osmosis CP. I mean, there is literally no push for those reforms if the funds stay where they are at this moment. Repositioning them gives a push and if those reforms are good, then the funds can be returned imo.

Furthermore, I do like that this discussion sheds light on another subject I have flagged a lot of times in the past, but no-one cared… namely the fact that I want that people representing Osmosis need to be well-payed, but also exclusive. And we simply do not have those on some of the programs being run at this moment.

3 Likes

TYPICAL STRIDE AGENDA :-1:

I think it’s important to point out to all readers that this proposal is written by the Growth and Business Development manager for Stride. The same person controls grant proposals for Osmosis.

To me this just appears to be another move by Stride against their competitors that taints the osmosis reputation while benefiting Stride.

The original deal made was a great deal for osmosis and the infrastructure has been laid for a favourable outcome for the majority.

Yes markets are down right now, this is the time we reinforce the delivered dapps, ensure any minor bugs or issues can be ironed out so when adoption and marketing begins these products can scale well.

This proposal is an absolute slap in the face for all the developers, community members and visionary leaders who have delivered on a very favourable deal for Osmosis.

The vision should not be for a centralised group of actors to have control, we have this outside of Web 3.0. The vision is to unite and build a shared economy for everyone’s benefit.

For these reasons I’m very much against this proposal.

4 Likes

I do think it is important to note that a lot of the people who voted Yes for this proposal are also willing to return the funds if there is enough trust in the management of the DAO. So I also think it is important to start a conversation on that field and make sure we make the necessary changes to the DAO to create the groundwork for a solid DAO where the funds are effectively managed.

I have started here:

I think it is also important to note that this proposal was not the idea of someone who works with Stride, but the idea of an individual who actually has openly criticized them many times. Stick to the relevant details here.

Is so sad to seeing Stride destroying osmosis…
Stride making osmo into Juno…