Add EVM to Osmosis

I might be incorrect, but I do think alot of current chains used evmos code to achieve specific connectivity like ( Kava - DYM ) and others , evmos been focusing on creating a stable trusted code to replace the old Tendermint RPC to branded ( EvmOS ) , that been said controlled white list only deployment solve things like spam on Lava RPC to gain points / or XEN contracts which dragged the performance of network

Just playing devils advocate; the upside for evmOS is only the revenue sharing? So there is a small upside for EVMOS-stakers(?), while giving a greater advantage to Osmosis?
Why not prefer that this is used for an EVMOS-native exchange?

Good point @LeonoorsCryptoman.

The revenue share is allocated to the Evmos foundation, which has the single goal to serve the Evmos community. I can’t say how exactly it will be used, but the mission is to further develop Evmos products (e.g. evmOS) and Evmos community at large. :muscle:

On behalf of the PRO Delegators’ validator, we express our strong support for this proposition. The EVM is poised to have distinct use cases within the Cosmos Ecosystem. Although EvmOS has faced management challenges in the past, the technology’s market-fit potential has never been in question. The Cosmos DeFi sector could significantly benefit from direct interaction with the Ethereum Virtual Machine. As detailed in the proposal, numerous existing protocols would gain from seamless interaction with compatible Solidity deployments on both sides.

We also appreciate EvmOS’s proposal to limit fee revenue to trades involving EVM interactions. We anticipate this partnership will be mutually beneficial. To reiterate, we are pleased to witness cooperative efforts within the Cosmos. We look forward to more of such developments in the future.

Thank you for your attention,
Govmos.
pro-delegators-sign

1 Like

Thanks for your reply!

But then the question stays, why Osmosis and not an Evmos-native exchange?

Thank you for everyone’s participation and discussion! The proposal passed Mintscan

1 Like

Mega congrats. Can’t wait to see what you guys cook!

My understanding is that this will take about 8-10ish weeks to be in production counting from today?

3 Likes