Sail with the Whale

Heya @Sen-Com !

Thanks for the post.

I have a few questions about the 5 million OSMO you’re asking for and about the deployments:

1. Last time we spoke about deploying White Whale on Osmosis, you mentioned that White Whale liquidity pools could be used by arb bots to circumvent the ProtoRev module and prevent that module from collecting as much revenue. @sunnya97 has said in another post that this isn’t possible. Can you explain here whether this will be possible, and if so, how? I’ve had like 4 conversations about this now and nobody has really been able to give a complete answer to this :sweat_smile: Feels like this is important in deciding whether to add White Whale to the chain.

2. Eris Protocol has already had a smaller proposal for liquidity get shot down. Deploy 2M OSMO to the ampOSMO/OSMO Pool. This would be a larger community pool spend ask than they asked for at the time, and nothing has really changed since then. In fact Osmosis is slightly worse off by this proposal because the liqudiity pools won’t exist on the main Osmosis trading protocol. What incentive does the Osmosis community have to fund them with even more OSMO now? Maybe Eris could redirect a portion of its revenues to OSMO stakers to signal alignment with the protocol?

3. Apart from the taker fee that Osmosis would get (which already exists on Osmosis pools), is there a benefit to Osmosis in allowing competing liquidity pools to exist on the protocol? I anticipate maybe some slightly increased volume from liquidations going through those pools, and the taker fee from that? White Whale collects real yield revenue as well I think? Maybe some of this could be shared with Osmosis as well to account for any lost protorev revenue or trading volume?

4. Kinda related to question 3, but what other pools apart from ampOSMO / OSMO and boneOSMO / OSMO would be deployed on the White Whale protocol on Osmosis?

General feeling so far is that this should be batched into multiple proposals, in case governance wants certain integrations like White Whale, Backbone, and Racoon but not other protocols like Eris (which has already been denied a previous community spend prop).

3 Likes